Job Title: MA
Reports to: Lead MA
Supervises: Admissions Staff
Job Summary: As a member of our Clinical team, the Medical Assistant position is responsible for ensuring Patient Care Excellence by managing tasks utilizing Electronic Medical Records system. Working closely with physicians and patients by obtaining medical history, verifying all paperwork is complete, performing inventory and ordering stock for work areas, assisting physicians with procedures and patient triaging.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Escorts Patient to exam room and prepare for physical evaluation by obtaining vital signs.
- Conducts patient interview to obtain medical history including past medical and surgical history, allergies and present condition.
- Verifies all paperwork is complete and place demographic label in chart.
- Reviews chart for completeness and accuracy by ensuring all pertinent studies/diagnostics are available and last physician note is in chart.
- Coordinates providers schedule, responds to patients voice mails and intake items.
- Displays MRI films or other studies brought by patient for office visit.
- Assists physician with procedures including:
- Suture / Staple removal under direction of physician
- Application of cast / splints / DME
- Removal of casts / splints
- Monitor / Expedite patient flow
- Assists patients with mobility. Provide wheelchair and help patient to next area as needed.
- Returns un-needed diagnostic studies to patient and record in EHR.
- Draws injections for physician.
- Prepares specimens to send to lab.
- Documents all injections, prescriptions, casts / splints, DME’s dispensed in EHR.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Prepares exam rooms. Clean and disinfect any contaminated counters or exam tables.
- Inventories and restocks work areas.
- Disposes of bio-hazardous waste.
- Acts as liaison between triage nursing and physician by communicating patient information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enters event codes in EHR
- Places x-ray orders in EHR system.
- Ensures patient and personal safety while in office.
- Follows blood borne pathogen policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information and comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Attends in-house continuing education seminars offered to staff.
- Records all needed information into the EHR.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Authorizes and schedules procedures as needed for providers.
- Minimum of one year certificate from college or technical school and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant Program.
- Curent CPR/AED Certification a plus.
Specific Job Experience
- Previous medical office experience including surgical and office scheduling and patient education preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a positive team environment.
- Orthopedic and/or surgical experience preferred
TMI is an equal-opportunity employer