Job Title: Radiology Technologist
Reports to: Frisco Office Manager
Job Summary: As a member of our clinical team, the radiology technologist is responsible for performing diagnostic imaging procedures and providing patient education by performing the below duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work 8AM – 5PM shift from Monday through Friday, weekly.
- Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedures
- Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation
- Determines exposure factors and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification and quality control
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed in electronic medical records system
- Other duties as assigned. For example, but not limited to, test authorization, test scheduling, rooming patients and assisting at check-in/check-out as needed.
Education and Certifications
- A.A from a 2- year college, or accreditation from a 2 year hospital based program
- ARRT certification /LMRT certified required
- Must maintain CE 24 credits every two years
- CPR/AED Certification a plus
Specific Job Experience
- One to two years prior experience preferred
- Orthopedic experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks at one time
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be able to assist patients on tables and equipment and occasionally lift and/or help move patients over 100 pounds
Computer proficiency and experience with electronic health care record
Excellent customer service skills
Must be a flexible, team player
Physical Demands/Work Environment
These physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TMI is an equal-opportunity employer