Job Title: Telephone Receptionist
Department: Telephone Reception
Reports To: COO
Employee Type: Full-Time
Summary: Operates telephone system by answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments and directing all other callers to appropriate personnel to ensure Patient Care Excellence by performing the following duties.
- Schedules patient appointments, determining between urgent and non-urgent injuries.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and responds accordingly and/or directs caller to appropriate personnel.
- Receives and conveys detailed and descriptive messages from patients and directs to appropriate personnel.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Extreme attention to detail regarding information and data entry.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multitask and maintain professional telephone etiquette.
- Computer Database software and Internet software.
- Problem solving skills in standardized situations.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
- Prior customer service representative experience required.
- Knowledge of 3rd party insurance and medical office experience helpful.
- Prior experience in an orthopedic setting helpful.
Our employees strive to provide a quality patient-centered experience to our patients and their families. TMI offers a great benefits package to include Health/Dental/Vision, paid vacation, and holiday, and a 401(k)
retirement plan after 1 year of service.
TMI is an equal-opportunity employer.