TMI Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery is a state of the art facility where professional athletes and total joint replacement patients find equal quality care. Our facility has a long history in treating a diverse group of patients, utilizing manual and functional techniques, returning patients to complete recovery. Our 9000sf facility has indoor and outdoor turf training areas, as well as state-of-the-art physical therapy modalities. Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants and Athletic Trainers work together in providing an optimal return to play, work and function.
- Graduated from an accredited Program in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Current Texas License as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Current CPR Card
- Two years experienced as a Licensed PTA
- Work under general supervision of the Physical Therapist and according to established policies and procedures, assists in providing Physical Therapy services, including but not limited to the implementation of treatment based on the plans and goals established by the Therapists.
- Collaborate with the physical therapist in assisting the physician in assessing the patient’s functional level by applying appropriate tests.
- Treat patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function and maintain maximum performance using appropriate physical therapy treatments, modalities and procedures as stated in the physical therapy Plan of Care
- Observe, record and report the patient’s response to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition to the physical therapist and/or director
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient which includes instruction in the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices and durable medical equipment, as appropriate
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
- Promote a professional and healthy personal appearance at all times in the workplace
PLEASE SEND A LETTER OF APPLICATION AND CV TO: