Job Title: Check-In/Check-Out Receptionist
Department: Front Desk
Reports to: COO
Employee Type: Full-Time
Summary: The Check-In/Check-Out Receptionist provides Patient Care Excellence by supporting the day to day activities of our medical facility by performing the following duties.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Immediately greets and directs patients and visitors and answers telephone calls promptly and courteously.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate.
- Verifies patient insurance information and updates and maintains patient information in Electronic Medical Record.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- Reviews accounts of scheduled patients for balances and expired referrals and addresses with patient for resolution.
- Collects co-payment and balances from patients and reconciles daily cash report.
- Receives medical records requests and disability forms.
- Records patient communications within the electronic medical record.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some computer experience
- Knowledge of third-party insurance
- Previous medical office experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Prior customer service representative experience
Our employees strive to provide a quality patient-centered experience to our patients and their families. TMI offers a great benefits package to include Health/Dental/Vision, paid vacation, and holiday. A 401(k) retirement plan after 1 year of service.
TMI is an equal-opportunity employer