Front Office Manager
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Department: Front Office
Reports to: COO
Supervises: Admissions Staff
Job Summary: Supervises and participates in all aspects of the Front Office Department, working with employees to ensure a smooth and efficient flow of patients at TMI Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery. To provide direction and knowledge in all aspects of team functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets each person as they enter the building setting the standard of Patient Care Excellence.
- Provides an excellent first impression of our practice by providing professional, courteous, and efficient customer service.
- Oversees Front Desk team members - Checks in patients, copies identification and insurance, collects co-payments and balances from patients and reconciles daily case report.
- Oversees clerical duties including Front Office Department schedules, any daily/weekly statistical reporting, monitoring office supplies, and organized appearance of admissions area to include lobby.
- Oversees front desk telephone system including receiving incoming calls, taking messages, identify nature of business and call.
- Manages or expedites patient complaints and concerns promptly.
- Assists with hiring, orientation, and training of front desk staff.
- Evaluates employee job performance, holds team accountable to expectations, and counsels/disciplines as necessary.
- Conducts team meetings or huddles.
- Actively interacts with other department leaders ensuring an efficient workflow through the office.
- Ensures accurate documentation of each patient encounter in the electronic medical record.
- Reviews accounts of scheduled patients for balances and expired referrals and seeks resolution.
- Assists with revision and implementation of policies and procedures for front desk operations.
- Monthly reporting activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Specific Job Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of medical office experience
- Minimum 2 year of lead or supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive, privileged communications and work product.
- Ability to utilize Electronic Heath Care Record system for documentation to patients’ account/record
TMI is an equal-opportunity employer