Surgical Physician Assistant
Job Title: Surgical Physician Assistant
Reports to: COO
Location: Arlington, TX
Employee Type: Full-Time (exempt)
Summary: The Physician Assistant works closely with our physicians in providing high-quality patient care. Current need is for outpatient sports practice with focus on shoulder, elbow, and knee injuries in athletes from high school to professional levels.
- The Surgical Physician Assistant will assist in surgery in hospital and surgical center locations.
- The Surgical Physician Assistant, under the direction of the physician, performs first assistant surgical duties in both open and arthroscopic procedures- including tissue retraction and suturing.
- Completes office tasks including physical examinations and recording health history both in conjunction with the physician and independently.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests as needed.
- Participates in clinical documentation, conducts patient education, writes prescriptions, performs independent in-office procedures (injections, aspirations, ultrasound guided procedures etc.)
- The position requires the Physician Assistant to be in an outpatient clinical setting during normal business hours. No emergency room call is required. No evenings or weekends are required.
- Degree from an accredited educational institution
- Licensed by the State of Texas (PA,C)
- Experience in an orthopedic practice setting is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills. Spanish speaking fluency is welcomed but not required.
- Experience with EHR utilization including e-prescribing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with outstanding attention to detail
Our employees strive to provide a quality patient-centered experience to our patients and their families. TMI offers a great benefits package to include Health/Dental/Vision, paid vacation, and holiday, and a 401(k)-retirement plan after 1 year of service.
TMI is an equal-opportunity employer